We are fully compliant with the UK Data Protection legislation and will do the following:
- Fairly obtain and process personal information.
- Keep personal information for one lawful purpose.
- Use personal information only when it is compliant with these purposes.
- Keep personal information protected at all times.
- Keep personal information up to date and accurate to the best of our ability.
- Ensure that any information provided is relevant and not excessive.
- Not retain information longer than deemed necessary for specified purposes.
Personal Information We May Collect
When you visit our website, make an online booking or stay at one of our hotel, you may voluntarily provide us with personal information which we need to reserve your booking. Information that may be included, but not limited to, name, email address, home address, telephone number, credit card number, name and ages of children. This information and more will help us provide you with a personalised stay at one of the Metro Inns hotels.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
The information that we collect on the website, all the Metro Inns websites and during your stay will be used for the following:
- Email your booking reference.
- Email any preparation emails before your stay.
- Request you take part in a satisfaction survey of the hotel you stayed at.
- Send any correspondence that relates to your booking.
- Respond to your inquiries and requests.
- Offer any special offers and news relating to the Metro Inns hotels, if you have opted in to receive this information.
- To understand your preferences by maintaining a record of information so we can improve how we serve and delight guests.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
Guest Satisfaction Surveys
We continually work on improving our website as well as the service we offer during your reservation and stay. In order for us to do this, we need customer feedback by way of filling out our satisfaction surveys. We use a third party service to send these satisfaction surveys to you by email. You can tell the check-in staff during check in whether you wish not to receive a satisfaction survey.
During your online reservation and any other form of form filling, you will be given the option to receive promotional offers and news or not. If you choose to receive these types of emails from Metro Inns but decide at a later date to opt out, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of the emails sent to you from Metro Inns.
When And With Whom May We Share Your Information
In most cases, the information you provide is added to a local database and then uploaded to a global database for Metro Inns. In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your information to other hotels within Metro Inns, their affiliates and/or third party service providers located in the United States and Europe for the purposes outlined within this Privacy Statement. As a general practice, Metro Inns does not sell, rent, or give physical possession of your information to unaffiliated third parties outside Metro Inns. The parties that information is shared with are contractually prohibited from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for the purpose Metro Inns specifies.
This site uses the Secure Sockets Layer protocol to protect your online transaction. Secure Sockets Layer is a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the internet. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that is designed to prevent tampering or message forgery. Your credit card number is also “one-way” encrypted as it enters our databases. We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and credit card information secure but unless we have been negligent, we will not be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of unauthorised access by a third party to the information transmitted by you when making reservations at this website.
Cookie Usage And Storage
No personal contact information is traceable from the cookies we use. The cookies that we use are all encrypted so that third parties cannot access the information. Each cookie set will only for the duration of your visit on our Metro Inns websites.